ThatKiddVee – Love Don’t Cost A Thing
Where are you from?
How old were you when you first got into music?
2.I released my first song at 13 years old.
5 Things that make you different from other music artist?
3.My vulnerability as an artist, The creativity in my music videos. My versatility, as far as how I switch between R&B and Hip Hop seamlessly. The authenticity in my songs, and how people are able to relate. And the sound. I’m New York based, but there are many elements of the west coast and southern influence.
Where have you performed?
4.I was slated to headline the Spring Fling fest in NYC last year, but due to COVID-19 , that was canceled.
What are your favorite and least favorite venues?
Do you have any upcoming shows?
6.I love the vibe of intimate settings like tiny desk. Hope to do that in the near future.
How do you feel the Internet has impacted the music business?
7. The internet gave me and my peers another choice rather than to chase a label or perform at showcases/talent shows. And it allowed me to gain a following early on in my career.
What is your favorite song to perform?
8. “Mr. Carter” is my favorite song that’s out to perform. It was released on my 2-Pack EP, “LOVE NOSTALGIA”.
Which famous musicians do you admire?
9. I’m a huge fan of Blxst, Roddy Ricch, and Devvon Terrell. They’ve inspired my upcoming Debut, and you can definitely hear the influence.
What is the most trouble you’ve ever gotten into?
10. I was twelve, and after my dad fell asleep, I took his car and drove it around the block. Almost crashed and everything. When I got home, let’s just say I’ve learned my lesson.
What is the best advice you’ve been given?
11. Surround yourself with people who are smarter and work harder than you. If you’re the smartest in the room, you aren’t getting anything out of it.
If you could change anything about the industry, what would it be?
12. I wish labels gave talent more of a chance. Because a hit song can feed a thousand people, but longevity can do that ten times over or more.
What’s next for you?
I just released a new two pack called LOVE NOSTALGIA, and a music video for “21 Questions” featuring Devvon Terrell. My Debut EP will be here very soon. We’re wrapping that up now.